[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] libepoxy do_configure fails

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Thu Jul 2 11:20:29 PDT 2015

On 2 July 2015 at 12:47, Tobias Boström <tobias.bostrom at tritech.se> wrote:

> Hello!
>
>  I'm currently trying to build the core-image-x11 for the raspberry
> pi.However, when doing the task responsible for configuring libepoxy,
> bitbake fails. The error message i get is "no package 'egl' found". Below
> is parts error messages I received. Anyone got any ideas on what the
> problem might be?
>
>  Best regards,
> Tobias Boström
>
>  | checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
>  | checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
>  | checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
>  | checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
>  | checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
>  | checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
>  | checking whether to build static libraries... no
>  | checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
>  | checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
>  | checking KHR/khrplatform.h usability... yes
>  | checking KHR/khrplatform.h presence... yes
>  | checking for KHR/khrplatform.h... yes
>  | checking if arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7-a -marm
>  -mthumb-interwork -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mtune=cortex-a7
> --sysroot=/home/tobiasb/Development/build/tmp/sysroots/raspberrypi2
> -std=gnu99 supports -Wno-int-conversion... yes
>  | checking for X11... yes
>  | checking for EGL... no
>  | configure: error: Package requirements (egl) were not met:
>  | No package 'egl' found
>  | Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>  | installed software in a non-standard prefix.
>  | Alternatively, you may set the environment variables EGL_CFLAGS
>  | and EGL_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

libepoxy expects something to provide a 'egl.pc' pkg-config file, and
apparently the virtual/egl provider on the raspberry ("userland") doesn't
do that. That may be an optimistic expectation on epoxys part but it's not
alone: at least weston has as similar check.

Upstream issue is here: https://github.com/raspberrypi/userland/issues/245
. It links to some pkg-config files that could be used in the userland
recipe in the meanwhile.

 - Jussi