[yocto] Retrieve list of all software/applications/packages installed on Yocto

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 04:41:03 PDT 2015

On Jul 1, 2015 7:34 AM, "Stanciu, Alin" <Alin.Stanciu at spirent.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I would simply like to know how to obtain a list of all software
packages/products (basically all applications) running in my Yocto build.

> Can this be done via a recipe? How can I find out whether my build has a
recipe? What are other ways are there to get the listing?

> Thanks

> Spirent Communications e-mail confidentiality.
> This e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information
belonging to Spirent Communications plc, its affiliates and / or
subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution and / or the taking of
any action based upon reliance on the contents of this transmission is
strictly forbidden. If you have received this message in error please
notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system.

> Spirent Communications plc
> Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XN, United
Kingdom.
> Tel No. +44 (0) 1293 767676
> Fax No. +44 (0) 1293 767677
>
> Registered in England Number 470893
> Registered at Northwood Park, Gatwick Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10
9XN, United Kingdom.

> Or if within the US,
>
> Spirent Communications,
> 27349 Agoura Road, Calabasas, CA, 91301, USA.
> Tel No. 1-818-676- 2300

When you build your image ... a manifest file will contain the list of
packages (with versions) contained in that image.

If you have a running system, you can generate kind of the same list
(depending on which package manager is being used - if any) by running a
command like opkg list-installed.

Regards,

Brian