[yocto] Shell not processing color escape codes

Moore, Thomas (FtWorth) Thomas.Moore2 at ATK.COM
Wed Jan 28 13:56:42 PST 2015

Hello,

In my image, I've included systemd. I've noticed that when running the systemctl command, the shell (/bin/sh) is not processing the color escape codes. Here's an example of what it looks like:

[[1;39m82 loaded units listed.[[0m Pass -all to see loaded but inactive units, too.

Any suggestions on how I can either get the shell to process the escape codes or prevent systemctl from generating them?

Thanks,

Thomas