[yocto] adding meta-oracle-java

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Wed Jan 28 03:21:52 PST 2015

> From: paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
> To: jfabernathy at outlook.com
> CC: maxin at maxinbjohn.info; yocto at yoctoproject.org
> Subject: Re: [yocto] adding meta-oracle-java
> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 10:55:23 +0000
>
> On Wednesday 28 January 2015 05:44:47 Jim Abernathy wrote:
> > Thanks,  I guess the problem for me stems from not knowing the difference
> > between, IMAGE_INSTALL_append and CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL, which I was
> > using.
>
> Basically, the only difference is that CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL will only work
> with image recipes that inherit core-image. If the recipe inherits image, its
> value won't be used.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul
>
> --
>
> Paul Eggleton
> Intel Open Source Technology Centre

thank, well I got the java included in my build, but I can't execute it.  very strange!

I see java is at /usr/share/java/bin and there's a link to java in the /usr/bin, but at the command line I can't run, java -version.  I get java not found.  It's like it a shell problem.  I had the same issue when I just installed the tarball for JRE on a standard core-image-base before.

I'm running as the only user on the system, root.

Jim A