[yocto] core-image-sato builds but core-image-sato-sdk fails on poky 1.7

peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au
Tue Jan 27 19:47:32 PST 2015

I am trying to build images that I can do development on with
QTCreator (QT5). Although I can create core-image-sato without any
problems, I cannot create core-image-sato-sdk
I have cloned these three repositories.
$ git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky poky-1.7$ cd poky-1.7$
git checkout –b dizzy origin/dizzy$ cd ..
$ git clone git://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded$ cd
meta-openembedded$ git checkout -b dizzy origin/dizzy$ cd ..
$ git clone git://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5.git$ cd meta-qt5$ git
checkout-b dizzy origin/dizzy$ cd .
$ source oe-init-build-env
$ bitbake core-image-sato     - THIS WORKS FINE
However when I try$ bitbake core-image-sato-sdk   - I get fetch
errors:
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 4, no
outputERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL:
'http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/4.8/4.86/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.8.6.tar.gz'.
Unable to fetch URL from any source.ERROR: Logfile of failure stored
in:
/home/lachlan/poky-1.7/build-atmel/tmp/work/cortexa5t2hf-vfp-poky-linux-gnueabi/qt4-x11-free/4.8.6-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.29869ERROR:
Task 3137
(/home/lachlan/poky-1.7/meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-x11-free_4.8.6.bb,
do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
I expect this is reasonable because I have not installed meta qt4 I
have only installed meta-qt5 which only contains a qt5 directory and
not a qt4 directory.
However, I dont want to use QT4 but want to use QT5.
When I look at core-image-sato-sdk.bb it contains the following three
lines:QT4PKG = "qt4-pkgs"QT4PKG_mips64 = ""IMAGE_FEATURES += "dev-pkgs
tools-sdk ${QT4PKG}"
If I substitute QT5 where it references QT4 and re-run $ bitbake
core-image-sato-sdk I get the errors:ERROR: 'qt5-pkgs' in
IMAGE_FEATURES is not a valid image feature.
If I remove the references to QT4 and re-run $ bitbake
core-image-sato-sdk the image builds ok.
Can anyone tell me if removing QT4 references will be detrimental to
using QTCreator(5) in the futureor should I instead, leave them and
clone the QT4 repository. If I need the QT4 repository then I cannot
seemto find it, so could someone advise how I get reference to it.
Thank you for your help.Lachlan

---- Message sent via Adam Internet WebMail - http://www.adam.com.au/