[yocto] (IIO) ADC freeze on am335x processor on 3.14.26ltsi kernel

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue Jan 27 19:29:57 PST 2015

On 2015-01-27 9:13 PM, Yani Dubin wrote:
> On 28 January 2015 at 12:19, Yani Dubin <yani.dubin at taitradio.com
> <mailto:yani.dubin at taitradio.com>> wrote:
>
>     Since this is my first time reporting a kernel bug, and I now know
>     exactly what I am looking for can you give me any pointers on
>     where/how to search to see if an upstream fix exists already?
>

> I fetched the latest 3.14.y from linux-stable at git.kernel.org
> <http://git.kernel.org> and saw no further changes to this driver, nor
> anything relevant on the 3.18.y branch (git log on affected file). I
> haven't looked outside the stable source tree.
>
> I have assumed that a fix would touch the driver itself. I do not know
> what a proper fix would actually look like - presumably my workaround
> would break whatever the changeset was fixing for those using the TSC
> part of the driver, much the way their fix broke my use of the driver.
>
> bugzilla.kernel.org <http://bugzilla.kernel.org> states that it is for
> submitting issues with mainline rather than distribution kernels. Would
> they consider linux-yocto a distribution kernel, and I should leave this
> with you?

They would consider it a distribution kernel, but if you can show the
issue in the same 3.14.y -stable kernel, you can report it via that
avenue.

Alternatively, it is worth firing an email to the arm-kernel mailing
list, to see if anyone else has seen this, or has a comment on the
problematic commit.

I'm in the same situation as before if it is left with me .. I don't have
the h/w to reproduce the issue, so I can't effectively fix it.

Bruce