[yocto] Patch runqemu-internal in nativesdk

Moore, Thomas (FtWorth) Thomas.Moore2 at ATK.COM
Tue Jan 27 09:57:15 PST 2015

My system has an Intel Core processor based on the Haswell architecture, and I'm using the corei7 tuning in my image. As it's currently implemented, the runqemu-internal script utilizes the core2dup cpu option when running the qemux86-64 QEMUARCH. However, in order to run my image with QEMU, I need to use the Haswell cpu option. While it's possible to run my image by adding 'qemuparams="-cpu Haswell"' to the runqemu command, I would like to change the cpu option in the runqemu-internal script as part of the nativesdk build so that users of the SDK don't have to mess with anything. I think this can be accomplished by appending the nativesdk-qemu-helper recipe to include a patch to make the simple change. However, it gets a little strange because the recipe includes the runqemu-internal script from the ${COREBASE} as such:

SRC_URI = "file://${COREBASE}/scripts/runqemu-internal"

Because of the dynamic nature of ${COREBASE}, I'm not exactly sure how to prepare my patch since the file will be located in some arbitrary folder within the ${WORKDIR}. I'm assuming I can do something creative in do_patch(), but I'm not sure where to start. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thomas