[yocto] When I build kernel with toolchain comes from yocto, I met an issue

Lei, Maohui leimaohui at cn.fujitsu.com
Thu Jan 22 18:36:30 PST 2015

Hi all,

I compiled my kernel by toolchain that supported by yocto 1.7.
The following is my steps:
1. Run the following command to install the toolchain.
   # ./poky-lsb-glibc-x86_64-meta-toolchain-ppce500v2-toolchain-1.7.sh

2. Set up the cross-development environment:
   # . /opt/poky-lsb/1.7/environment-setup-ppce500v2-poky-linux-gnuspe

And then, I compiled the kernel source. But an error occurred:
powerpc-poky-linux-gnuspe-ld: unrecognized option '-Wl,-O1'
powerpc-poky-linux-gnuspe-ld: use the --help option for usage information
make[1]: *** [init/mounts.o] Error 1
make: *** [init] Error 2

I have to unset "LDFLAGS" to continue the build.

Is there some wrong with my step? Is there some good method to build a kernel source by the toolchain?

Cheers

Lei Maohui