[yocto] Ls1021a how i include nfs-utils correcty

ting.liu at freescale.com ting.liu at freescale.com
Thu Jan 22 01:48:14 PST 2015

From: yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org [mailto:yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org] On Behalf Of H?nel-Baas, Alexander
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:31 PM
To: yocto at yoctoproject.org
Subject: [yocto] Ls1021a how i include nfs-utils correcty

Hi

I work with the Layerscape 1021a ,that comes with yocto, i can create the image, dtb und rootfs and start my target.
But I cannot mount a nfs directory via "mount -t nfs".

The Error message say:
"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on 172.16.17.63:/home/sm/myExport,
       (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
       need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
       dmesg | tail or so."

[Liu Ting-B28495] check if your mount is linked to mount.util-linux: bin/mount -> /bin/mount.util-linux
try to use the mount applet provided by busybox or mount.nfs provided by nfs-utils.

And right in /sbin are no nfs helper.

So i start yocto select my machine (ls1021atwr), the image recipes (lsl-image-core) press the "edit image recipe" button, the "All recipes" button
And search for nfs and then I included the nfs-utils manually by activate the checkbox. Then I press the "Build packages" button.
Then yocto print "Building packages..." then shows "Step 2 of 2"
and I'm wondering because in the Included Packages  nfs-utils are not shown!!!

[Liu Ting-B28495] are you using hob?
So I go to the "all package tab" an include the nfs-utils again.
And finally I build the image.
Yocto creates a new image, that can boot, but it has no changes. No nfs-utils are included!

The I press the edit recipes button and look under includet recipies/all recipies and my before selected nfs-utils are NOT included.

My question are:
What is going wrong?
How I added the nfs-utils correctly?

Best regards