[yocto] Can't add glib-2.0 and zlib into nativesdk

John Ernberg john.ernberg at actia.se
Thu Jan 22 01:46:27 PST 2015

Hi,

We have an embedded system that we're building our own distribution for.
In order to fit the distribution on the flash we build our images with
NO_RRECOMMENDS = "1".

This causes our nativesdk to not include anything except the packages we
specify explicitly in the TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK variable.
The issue with that is that our nativesdk needs to include glib-2.0 and
zlib which we cannot figure out how to get into the SDK.
If we include them like this: "nativesdk-glib-2.0-dev
nativesdk-zlib-dev", then the recipe parsing passes, but the
do_populate_sdk task fails because it cannot find those 2 packages.
The errors we see are:
ERROR: nativesdk-glib-2.0-dev not found in the base feeds
(x86_64-nativesdk noarch any all).
ERROR: nativesdk-zlib-dev not found in the base feeds (x86_64-nativesdk
noarch any all).

If we specify the suggested packages from the available packages dump
from the above errors instead: "nativesdk-libglib-2.0-dev
nativesdk-libz-dev", then we get the following parsing errors:
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'nativesdk-libglib-2.0-dev'
NOTE: Runtime target 'nativesdk-libglib-2.0-dev' is unbuildable,
removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['nativesdk-libglib-2.0-dev']

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'nativesdk-libz-dev'
NOTE: Runtime target 'nativesdk-libz-dev' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['nativesdk-libz-dev']

The Yocto version we're using is somewhere between daisy-11.0.0 /
yocto-1.6 and daisy-11.0.1 / yocto-1.6.1, revision:
3caae900f327ae67445ece67975862be11d2fde7

Thank you in advance for assistance!

Regards // John