[yocto] QT: libssl.so: undefined reference to `EVP_idea_cbc at OPENSSL_1.0.0' - QQuickView problem

Simon Bolek simon.bolek at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 20 07:51:34 PST 2015

Hi *,

I hope someone can help me with that.
Working under ubuntu 14.10 using qtcreator 3.2.2 trying to compile qt 5.2
code - very simple UI application - against poky 1.6.1 sysroot. So
basically nothing strange/hard in that. But once I subclass QQuickView
anywhere in the application i get this linker error:

*/opt/poky/1.6.1/sysroots/i586-poky-linux/usr/lib/libssl.so: undefined
reference to `EVP_idea_cbc at OPENSSL_1.0.0'*

If I use QWidget instead of QQuickView in the same class as public
subclass, it compiles fine.

I have no idea how to get this fixed :(

-lssl -lcrypto are already linked in .pro file like that:
LIBS += -lssl -lcrypto

Internet search did not bring anything up. Any hints would be more than
welcome!

thank you and best regards
simon :-)