[yocto] Benchmark layer available

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 19 01:46:59 PST 2015

On Sunday 18 January 2015 16:51:09 akuster808 wrote:
> On 01/17/2015 05:02 PM, Andrei Gherzan wrote:
> > Is there any benchmarking layer available? I was interested in LINPACK
> > and I think it would make sense to have a benchmarking layer which will
> > include stuff like: LINPACK, ioquake3, Whetstone etc.
>
> there are bench mark recipes in meta-openembedded
>
> meta-oe/recipes-benchmark
>
> http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/tree/meta-oe/recipes-benchmar
>
> I don't know what the threshold is for making a layer from a set of recipes.

I would say:

1) Most importantly, there is someone to step up and maintain the new layer
who has the time and interest in doing so.

2) There is a logical grouping for the recipes and there are more than one or
two of them

3) Dependencies between existing layers don't become too much of a problem
with the creation of the layer

Cheers,
Paul

--