[yocto] armhf support for meta-raspberrypi

Andrea Benini andreabenini at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 14:07:59 PST 2015

Thanks folks, and thank you Andrei.
As suggested by toolmmy and pleasant folks in this thread I'm using
DEFAULTTUNE option. I had already seen the arm1176jzfshf after a small
search into the meta-raspberry layer but I didn't know how to use it.
Now I have recompiled my toolchain with this option enabled and it worked
fine, I need to compile other tools (C, C++ libs, toolchain, binutils) for
my own test and I'll put it on a real Pi. It takes a while but after this
full recompile it seems everything is fine.
If someone is interested in some benchmarking or other tests please let me
know, my current image works. I'd like to add other packages useful for a
real distro (Python 2/3, mc, nano, gcc, ext utils, ...) as I did before
with the armel build but seems to be working without troubles so I'll
normally continue my job with yocto and the Pi. My armel image works on Pi
model A, B (256 and 512) and B+, as soon as I'll have a complete armhf
image I'll do complete tests on them as well.

Ben