[yocto] basic questions on LINUX costomization for raspberrypi

Andrei Gherzan andrei at gherzan.ro
Tue Jan 13 15:57:09 PST 2015

Hello,

Please read the meta-raspberrypi README for basic information and use .
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-raspberrypi/tree/README

1) it depends on the image you are baking. What do you mean by reference
list?
2) IMAGE_INSTALL_append
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-IMAGE_INSTALL
What process are you talking about?
3) You modify the kernel config, recompile the kernel and then the image.
We are developing a better way to configure kernel. Is already in review -
hope to get some time for that soon.
4) Applications should be packages, right? Could you please rephrase your
question?

Cheers!

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 8:10 PM, abhishek srivastava <
just_abhi22 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hi allPlease answer to these questions regarding LINUX kernel image build
> using yocto project:
> 1) What basic LINUX packages needed for raspberrypi ? any list for
> reference ?
> 2) What if I want to add any package after my image is build ? Do i need
> to repeat the complete process again?
> 3) How can i add any driver (ex: TFT driver) to the build kernel image?
> 4) How to add any desired applications to packages?
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> regards
>
> Abhishek

*Andrei Gherzan*