[yocto] [meta-xilinx-community] How to build for MicroZed board?

Marco Tessore marco.tessore at axelsw.it
Tue Jan 13 06:02:57 PST 2015

Good Morning,
I am new to Yocto, but I need to create an embedded system on board
MicroZed, based on processor Zynq from Xilinx.

 From what I understand the support form my board is provided by layer
xilinx-meta-community;
from the README file associated with this layer I see that the mailing
list of reference is this,
with the constraint of using "[meta-xilinx-community]" as a subject prefix.

In doubt if this is the correct mailing list, I am also writing to
meta-xilinx at yoctoproject.org.

If I'm writing to the correct mailing list, I would write of a problem:
I would like to generate the configuration core-image-minimal,
with MACHINE ??= "microzed-zynq7", with the sources aligned to version
"daisy".

I cloned repositories related to "poky", "meta-xilinx" and
"meta-xilinx-community" with the following commands:
   - git clone -b daisy git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky.git
   - git clone -b daisy git://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx
   - git clone -b daisy git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-xilinx-community
   - git clone -b daisy git://github.com/openembedded/meta-oe

I then modified my file local.conf specifying parallelism and the variable
MACHINE ??= "ZedBoard-zynq7"

I also changed the file bblayers.conf changing layers included as follows:
BBLAYERS ?= " \
   /data/axel/YoctoMicroZed/poky/meta \
   /data/axel/YoctoMicroZed/poky/meta-yocto \
   /data/axel/YoctoMicroZed/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \
   /data/axel/YoctoMicroZed/poky/meta-xilinx-community \
   /data/axel/YoctoMicroZed/poky/meta-xilinx \
   /data/axel/YoctoMicroZed/poky/meta-oe/meta-oe \
   "

The problem is that running the command "bitbake core-image-minimal",
after the download phase and the execution of some tasks, the process
stops with the following error:
Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at
/data/axel/YoctoMicroZed/poky/build/tmp/work/microzed_zynq7-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-xlnx/3.14-xilinx+git2b48a8aeea7367359f9eebe55c4a09a05227f32b-r0/temp/log.do_configure.11742)

Before going to analyze the nature of the error I'd like to know if the
version of the various sources is updated - in the sense:
there are archives of sources, tested such that it is possible to
successfully execute the build for this system?
Or I have to refer to particular sources on git commit?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion
Kind regards
Marco Tessore