[yocto] libm implementation issue

peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au
Fri Jan 9 13:02:53 PST 2015

 Hi Richard,I am using the standard poky DISTRO (although the
configuration is DISTRO ?= "poky' so something else my be changing
it. Also The final image is pretty large taking 256Mb.Is there
anything else I can check that may be altering the DISTRO or the
libc. If I look at all the setting in ECLIPSE, there is no reference
to changing any libm or -lm settings.
I am also having problems with some of the libraries being generated
when i use qemu-extra-sdk are not present in the resulting rootfs, so
I have to also run "$bitbake image -c populate_sdk" and manully copy
over the affected libraries. However, since I use eglibc-static in
the extra image features in the config file, I have not had a problem
with missing libc libraries according to the linker, but that doesn't
mean there is not something else wrong.

Also, I have been trying to access the jiffy.h which should be
standard in Linux but is not created as part of the build. It is
created during the build but something is removing it from the image
(or not including it). Do you have any idea what I can do to add
jiffy to the final image?
Thanks for your help.
Lachlan