[yocto] runqemu-extract-sdk does not provide all required librariesin rootfs

peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au
Fri Jan 9 12:43:18 PST 2015

 Hi Mihail,
I originally installed poky 1.6.1 but when it generates the toolchain
files it calls it them 1.6.2.
The base image I am using is not core-image-sato-sdk as I was wanting
to develop against my actual image and also test things directly on my
target. My core image is supplied by the vendor
(atmel-qt5-demo-image).In my config file i have added dbg-pkgs,
dev-pkgs, eglibc-static. Adding eglib-static adds the libc's
required. but I am still missing crtbegin.o, crtend.o, libgcc.a, and
libgcc_s.so.
Are there any images features that I can add to add these extra
libraries? I can always test my applications on the qemuarm
environment created by ADT as that has all the libraries/files
required, but it is much faster to test on the target hardware and I
need these packages in my sdk setup for the linker to create the
object file for deployment on the target. Also that target has the
hardware I need to test.
The process I use at present it to: $ bitbake image (with above
mentioned  image extra features)$ bitbake image -c populate_sdk$ run
the created shell script from the populate sdk to create toolchain in
a directory X$ runqemu-extract-sdk on image-rootfs.tar.gz to create
rootfs in directory Y$ copy from directory X to directory Y the files
crtbegin.o, crtend.o, libgcc.a, and libgcc_s.so
If there is something I am missing, please let me know. I would like
the 4 files to be part of the rootfs when i create it.
thanks for your helpLachlan