[yocto] libtool woes

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Jan 9 10:26:44 PST 2015

I'm trying to build a recipe which uses libtool.  The problem
I'm having is that the program uses glib-2.0 and one of the
libraries from that package has library dependencies.  This
is giving libtool major troubles.  I get errors like this:
   | sed: can't read =/usr/lib/libffi.la: No such file or directory
   | libtool: link: `=/usr/lib/libffi.la' is not a valid libtool archive

This is coming from libgobject-2.0.la which contains this line:
   dependency_libs=' =/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.la -lpthread -L=/usr/lib =/usr/lib/libffi.la'

The odd thing is that my recipe built the last time I tried,
but admittedly that was in late 2013.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong or how to fix this?

Thanks