[yocto] [OE-core] Bug reporting and good bug reports

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:31:53 PST 2015

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:29 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Jan 8, 2015, at 8:59 AM, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Assigning and scoping the actual work doesn't scale based on email threads
>> (as someone who has been thrashing to keep information straight, and reproduce
>> issues .. I feel this pain greatly).
>
> if you are a talking about corp development yes I agree for open source projects
> thats the nature of the beast.

I work with plenty of open source projects in my own time .. and if I
have an issue,
I open a bug if it requires a fix.

Probably a point of view thing.

We aren't saying that this is mandated .. just that anyone who can't be bothered
to log a bug (and steps to reproduce it) .. should set their
expectations for someone
to fix it accordingly :)

Bruce

thee at its end"