[yocto] separate partition support

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Tue Jan 6 07:15:22 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Moore, Thomas (FtWorth)
<Thomas.Moore2 at atk.com> wrote:
> I spent some time trying to determine how to generate multiple images as
> you’ve mentioned. However, the process used to generate the rootfs image
> appears to be buried deep in the Open Embedded core and I wasn’t able to
> figure out how it works. Maybe someone else can chime in on how that might
> be accomplished.

i believe you should be able to create your own image type class for
that. maybe a generic solution might make sense for OE in general..
but adding a custom type that creates multiple images should be simple
to implement.

an example of such a custom image type class that comes to my mind is:

https://github.com/shr-distribution/meta-smartphone/blob/shr/meta-android/classes/android_image_types.bbclass

so basically, you can look at how IMAGE_CMD_ext4 is implemented in OE
core, and extend it to create multiple image for /opt, /usr, ...

cheers