[yocto] Kernel configuration

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 16:08:28 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 9:52 AM, Chris Tapp <opensource at keylevel.com> wrote:
> I thought I knew how to do this, but... ;-)
>
> I'm trying to add configuration items to the valleyisland BSP. I've got the following bbappend:
>
> File: linux-yocto_3.10.bbappend
> -------
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
>
> SRC_URI += " file://enable-hid-apple.cfg"
> SRC_URI += " file://enable-R8169.cfg"
>
> However, these .cfg fragments aren't even getting pulled into the build area.
>
> Adding a reference to a non-existent file is ignored when I would have expected to see a fetch error
>
> SRC_URI += "file://fsdfsdfdsfsd"
>
> What else do I need to do to get my .cfg files pulled in?

What release / branch is this with ? What you have above is all that you need
to do. I'm not near my development machine, but will be on Monday and can
confirm that something hasn't been broken.

In the meantime, have you dumped the environment to confirm that that your
values really are on the SRC_URI and that something else in the layers
isn't coming along later and clobbering the SRC_URI (unlikely, but worth ruling
out).

Bruce

> --
>
> Chris Tapp