[yocto] Selective append

Moore, Thomas (FtWorth) Thomas.Moore2 at ATK.COM
Fri Jan 2 13:37:40 PST 2015

Hello,

I've got a device that has an expansion card whose driver conflicts with a driver that is native in the Linux kernel. In order to address the situation, I've created a new layer that appends the kernel with a patch to remove the conflicting driver and also contains a recipe for the new driver (which is an out-of-tree kernel module). As it currently stands, by simply including this new layer in my build, the kernel is patched even if I do not include the recipe for the new module in the build.

My question is this: is there a way to only apply the kernel patch when the out-of-tree kernel module recipe is included in an image?

Thanks,

Thomas Moore