[yocto] more observations on kernel dev manual

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Wed Feb 25 08:47:00 PST 2015

So I fixed the two obvious issues here.  I am working on getting clarification on the command -c item.

Thanks,
Scott

Holy Mackerel... how did this go unnoticed for so long.  Fixed.

>  section 2.2.3: should that note not refer to the "defconfig" file and not the
>".config" file? as in, the defconfig file is used as the
>*basis* for the eventual .config file, no? so the note should be discussing
>applying the changes from the "defconfig" file, should it not?
>
>  section 2.3.2: hang on ...
>
>   "Complete a build at least through the kernel configuration task as follows:
>
>     $ bitbake linux-yocto -c kernel_configme -f"
>
>but i thought that "-c <command>" would run *only* that bitbake task ... the
>wording suggests that that command will run everything *up to* that task.

I am double checking on the behavior of this.

>  also in that section, "are not't" should just say "aren't" in sample warning
>output.

I fixed this in the manual.  I grepped for that particular string in both poky and bitbake repos and came up empty.  So I am not sure where exactly (if even) that string appears in the actual source repo.

>  section 2.3.3: again, first para suggests that that command should process the
>kernel all the way "through" the kernel configuration.

Again, waiting on some clarification on this issue.