[yocto] merging eclipse-poky-juno & eclipse-poky-kepler

Minchev, Todor todor.minchev at intel.com
Wed Feb 25 06:42:06 PST 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 14:17 +0000, Flanagan, Elizabeth wrote:
> On 25 February 2015 at 13:12, Minchev, Todor <todor.minchev at intel.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just wanted to check if anyone is using the Yocto ADT Eclipse plug-in
> > from the eclipse-poky repo here:
> >
> > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/eclipse-poky/
> >
> > This repo hasn't been maintained for a couple of years. The most
> > up-to-date code for the ADT plug-ins for Eclipse Juno & Kepler can be
> > found in these two repos.
> >
> > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/eclipse-poky-juno/
> > http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/eclipse-poky-kepler/
> >
> > We have decided to merge the two repos above and maintain the plug-in
> > under the original eclipse-poky repo for all versions of Eclipse.
> > In other words, we are planning to overwrite eclipse-poky with the merge
> > result from eclipse-poky-juno and eclipse-poky-kepler.
> >
> > I am planning to do this on Friday, 27 Feb 2015. If anyone has any
> > objections please let me know before then.
> >

> My only concern is that we:
>
> - maintain history

All history is preserved.

> - get autobuilder changes in when the merge is done
>
> If you could explain the eventual layout of the new merged repo, that
> would be grand.

All branches and tags from the eclipse-poky-kepler and eclipse-poky-juno
repositories will be reachable with the same branch/tag names and the
kepler or juno prefix respectively.

The development(master) branches for juno, kepler and luna are:

juno-master
kepler-master
luna-master
master - tracks the master branch for the latest supported Eclipse
release (luna-master at present)

This is the repo structure after the merge:

  Branches

  juno-master
  juno/1.1_M1
  juno/1.1_M2