[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2015 8:00 AM US Pacific Time

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Feb 24 08:21:29 PST 2015

Attendees: Stephen, Saul, Joe, Mark, Cristian, Herb, Alex, Paul, Richard, Ross, Sona,

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)

* Yocto Project status - 5 min (Stephen/team)

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.8_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.8_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.8_Features

Should be able to build YP 1.8 M3 rc1 in the next 24 hours and then should be able to send to QA soon after.

YP 1.8 Feature freeze has past.  We are in a bug fix phase as we drive for YP 1.8 release end of April.

YP 1.7.2 waiting for more patches.  Targeting a May release.

YP 1.6.3 hoping to build after YP 1.8 M3 is done.  Still collecting patches. Targeting a mid/late March release.

* SWAT team rotation: Saul/Randy -> Beth

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

* Opens - 10 min

Ross/Paul - Discussion about latest systemd upgrade, right now we are not planning to accept it.

Stephen - Bugs are now at a level below the start of the YP 1.8 cycle.  Great work.  Thanks!

Richard - We have cleaned up a lot of the performance issues with building.  We have identified a few areas for continued work.

* Team Sharing - 10 min

Paul - Set of patches on the SDK were sent out.  Please review this and give feedback.

Sona - She suggests that a team be started up for security for Yocto Project.  We generally agreed it was a good idea and a mailing list should be set up. Sona will work with Michael H. to set up this list.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (503) 712-0534
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com