[yocto] [OE-core] [RFT] upcoming glibc 2.21 and gcc 4.9 upgrade

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 22:59:52 PST 2015

> On Feb 21, 2015, at 1:22 AM, Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 2015-02-20 at 18:03 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
>> On Mon, 2015-02-02 at 02:02 -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
>>> I have put together upgrade to gcc 4.9.2 as well as glibc 2.21 (
>>> upcoming ) on  a contrib branch ( top 2 patches) its has not got much
>>> testing besides x86 qemu thus far.
>>>
>>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-glibc-upgrade
>>>
>>> I would like to request some help in testing these out in your
>>> respective environments and please report any issues you see so we can
>>> start sorting them out at earlier and making its way into OE-Core.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help
>>
>> For info, I've now merged the glibc part of this change now too.
>>
>> Khem: Thanks for the work on this!
>
> New issue that caught my eye:
>
> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/nightly-qa-logrotate/builds/204/steps/Running%20Sanity%20Tests/logs/stdio
>
> segfault in init within libc :/.

I have booted core-image-minimal, for all arches and that have worked fine for both systemd and sysvinit and some of non-oe-core graphic images booted well too
but here it seems its using core-image-sato wondering what changed there … can someone try it out and may be see what is it trying to launch during boot that is in addition
to core image minimal.