[yocto] [RFT] gcc 5.0 recipes available for testing

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 03:10:57 PST 2015

> On Feb 20, 2015, at 3:04 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2015, Khem Raj wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> Encouraged by help received on testing out glibc 2.21, now  I have put together OE recipes for gcc-5
>>
>> GCC 5.0 is in prerelease stage 4 ( open for regression and doc fixes only)
>>
>> https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2015-01/msg00156.html
>>
>> The recipes are available here
>>
>> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/log/?h=kraj/gcc-5.0
>>
>> you just need the topmost commit and then set
>>
>> GCCVERSION = "5.0"
>> SDKGCCVERSION = "5.0"
>>
>> in local.conf
>
>  i assume this new layer should be used *in place* of the current OE
> layer for testing purposes?

Not really, you can do following to grab just the patch on top of your working branch ( of course OE-Core master snapshot don’t try on older releases)

git remote add contrib git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib
git fetch contrib
git cherry-pick 85cf9c0e77378ca8f93868e9f91001214c8d8f3e