[yocto] Busybox error

Pavel Daniel daniel.pavel19 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 05:43:38 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to compile meta-ivi and I'm running through an error that I
cannot figure it out.

Here's the full log:

WARNING: busybox: alternative target (/etc/syslog.conf or
/etc/syslog.conf.busybox) does not exist, skipping...
WARNING: busybox: NOT adding alternative provide /etc/syslog.conf:
/etc/syslog.conf.busybox does not exist
*ERROR: Function failed: SYSTEMD_SERVICE_busybox-syslog value
busybox-syslog.service does not exist*
*ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/home/danielpavel/Karanka/yocto/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9t2hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/busybox/1.22.1-r32/temp/log.do_package.6545*
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sstate_task_prefunc
| DEBUG: Python function sstate_task_prefunc finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function do_package
| DEBUG: Executing python function package_get_auto_pr
| DEBUG: Python function package_get_auto_pr finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function perform_packagecopy
| WARNING: busybox: alternative target (/etc/syslog.conf or
/etc/syslog.conf.busybox) does not exist, skipping...
| DEBUG: Python function perform_packagecopy finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function split_and_strip_files
| DEBUG: runstrip: 'arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-strip' --remove-section=.comment
--remove-section=.note
'/home/danielpavel/Karanka/yocto/poky/build/tmp/work/cortexa9t2hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/busybox/1.22.1-r32/package/bin/busybox.nosuid'
| DEBUG: Python function split_and_strip_files finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function fixup_perms
| DEBUG: Python function fixup_perms finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function populate_packages_updatealternatives
| NOTE: alt_link == alt_target: /etc/syslog.conf == /etc/syslog.conf --
correcting, this should not happen!
| WARNING: busybox: NOT adding alternative provide /etc/syslog.conf:
/etc/syslog.conf.busybox does not exist
| NOTE: adding update-alternatives calls to postinst/postrm for busybox
| NOTE: update-alternatives --install /bin/ping ping /bin/busybox.suid 50
| update-alternatives --install /bin/ping6 ping6 /bin/busybox.suid 50
| update-alternatives --install /bin/login login /bin/busybox.suid 50
| update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/passwd passwd /bin/busybox.suid 50
| update-alternatives --install /bin/su su /bin/busybox.suid 50
| update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/traceroute traceroute
/bin/busybox.suid 50
| update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/vlock vlock /bin/busybox.suid 50
|
| NOTE: update-alternatives --remove  ping /bin/busybox.suid
| update-alternatives --remove  ping6 /bin/busybox.suid
| update-alternatives --remove  login /bin/busybox.suid
| update-alternatives --remove  passwd /bin/busybox.suid
| update-alternatives --remove  su /bin/busybox.suid
| update-alternatives --remove  traceroute /bin/busybox.suid
| update-alternatives --remove  vlock /bin/busybox.suid
|
| DEBUG: Python function populate_packages_updatealternatives finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function populate_packages_updatercd
| DEBUG: Python function populate_packages_updatercd finished
| DEBUG: Executing python function systemd_populate_packages
| DEBUG: adding systemd calls to postinst/postrm for busybox-syslog
| DEBUG: Python function systemd_populate_packages finished
| DEBUG: Python function do_package finished
| ERROR: Function failed: SYSTEMD_SERVICE_busybox-syslog value
busybox-syslog.service does not exist
ERROR: Task 1140
(/home/danielpavel/Karanka/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-core/busybox/
busybox_1.22.1.bb, do_package) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2031 tasks of which 2000 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

I hope someone can help.
Thank you in advance.