[yocto] usage of mingw as external toolchain

Francisco Torres francisco.torres at ttcontrol.com
Thu Feb 19 02:39:17 PST 2015

Hello,

I need to use mingw32 as external toolchain with yocto.

I have successfully built a helloworld recipe (as explained in http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.0/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-addpkg, 3.1.1. Single .c File Package (Hello World!)) and it is successfully generating a .exe that I can run on Windows.

The problem is that when I try to compile an autotooled package (as explained in same page in 3.1.2. Autotooled Package), there is a compilation problem.
Please I need help to solve this problem.

I am adding in conf/local.conf

EXTERNAL_TOOLCHAIN = "/path/to/your/mingw32-install"

Best Regards,
Francis.
CONFIDENTIALITY: The contents of this e-mail are confidential and intended only for the above addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, copying or delivering it to anyone else or using it in any unauthorized manner is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and the systems administrator at straymail at tttech.com immediately.