[yocto] [OE-core] [RFT] upcoming glibc 2.21 and gcc 4.9 upgrade

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Feb 18 13:41:08 PST 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-18 at 10:38 -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> > On Feb 18, 2015, at 5:06 AM, Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2015-02-18 at 11:51 +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> >> On Wed, 2015-02-18 at 01:01 -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
> > The series needs:
> >
> > TUNE_CCARGS_x86 := "${@oe_filter_out('-mfpmath=sse', '${TUNE_CCARGS}', d)}"
> > +TUNE_CCARGS_x86-64 := "${@oe_filter_out('-mfpmath=sse', '${TUNE_CCARGS}', d)}”
> >

> hmmm I assumed x86 was common across 32bit and 64bit x86 but seems not so I replaced the old patch instead of appending it

Thanks, I'll update the patch for the next round.

> > since the x86 override doesn't cover x86_64. I'll queue that and run yet
> > another build. We do have another poky-tiny issue too:
> >
> > https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/poky-tiny/builds/204
> >

> OK. I am creating a local config to use tiny config for libc and weed out remaining build issues for tiny config

Cool, thanks.

The next build is in progress and looking greener than the last. Next up
it appears we still have multilib issues:

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/nightly-multilib/builds/201

There is a possibility this "from sstate" build may have run into a
problem with sstate but something looks to be wrong with glibc in some
regard.

Cheers,

Richard