[yocto] How to switch kernel version without touching PREFERED VERSION

Valentin Le bescond valentin.lebescond at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:36:41 PST 2015

@Gary, you were right on the spelling. It always works best without
spelling mistakes (inside "meta-wolfson/conf/layer.conf")

I did indeed meant local.conf, not layer.conf in the build dir.

I wanted to use an older kernel because the wolfson audio card for the rpi
is distributed as a set of patch dedicated to the 3.10 kernel.

But then I tried the build and even with the right kernel, the patch list
threw errors.

Anyway, I found that cirrus logic just bought wolfson and created a new
audio extension for the rpi.
So I dumped the idea of the meta-wolfson layer and will start with
meta-cirrus.

This time the bbappend will have to change the github source directly as
cirrus provides the whole kernel (3.12 amongst others...).

Well thank you all very much !

Valentin