[yocto] How to switch kernel version without touching PREFERED VERSION

Valentin Le bescond valentin.lebescond at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:33:26 PST 2015

Hi Paul, thank you.

I tryed editing /meta-wolfson/conf/layer.conf or /build/conf/layer.conf,
adding :
PREFERED_VERSION_linux-raspberrypi = "3.10.%"

but neither worked (still using 3.12)

I endded up editing meta-raspberrypi's machine configuration and it works
fine.

It's good, but that means I will need to apply this change to every
building machine I will use, or fork the meta-raspberrypi repo, witch is
another story.
I was hoping to keep everything inside my wolfson layer. too bad.

Thanks again.

V.