[yocto] [OE-core] [RFT] upcoming glibc 2.21 and gcc 4.9 upgrade

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 01:01:19 PST 2015

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 11:46 PM, Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2015-02-17 at 23:15 -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 2:06 AM, Richard Purdie
>> <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Khem,

>>> Its running on the autobuilder at the moment. Errors will be reported to
>>> the error reporting system and can be seen at:
>>>
>>> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Search/?items=10&query=be29d13a847d458efaf542ed302e48050f67a655
>>>
>>> Right now, poky-tiny failed due to warning are errors and unused
>>> symbols. Minnow failed due to SSE instruction issues. Full build logs
>>> are also available on the autobuilder:
>>>
>>> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/tgrid
>>>
>>> as ross/mut-next. We do have other changes in the branch but the above
>>> are pretty clearly glibc.
>>>
>>> Other errors will go to the places above as the builds complete/fail.
>>
>> Thanks. So I see following errors categories and status
>>
>> 1. valgrind - Martin already sent a patch for that
>> 2. slang - I could not yet reproduce it on my active build (mips) (
>> seems specific to x86/ppc )
>> 3. poky-tiny - glibc build - ( pushed a fix for that in latest pull tree)
>> 4. minnow/qemux86 - glibc failure - ( pushed a fix for that in latest
>> pull tree )
>> 5. glibc build failure on qemuarm - need to reproduce here
>> 6. Image failures are probably due to above not building
>>
>> I might get slang reproduced soon on qemux86 if I do I will try to
>> push for a fix
>
> I think slang is a parallel make race from another patch so don't worry
> about that one, Robert will likely get that when he comes back.

OK thats why I am not seeing it on my qemux86 build.

this leaves us with only one problem - glibc/qemuarm issue

http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/8679/

I have seen this error with eglibc-2.19 and glibc 2.20 as well on x86 and arm as well in cases when using
toolchain from sstate and rebuilding glibc with that. I assume this could be  unrelated to glibc upgrade
and may be a latent problem. Could be missing dependency on a native tool or some such. I have been attributing it to gold
but that just might have been a red herring.

I will see if I can get to reproduce it.