[yocto] Missing packages on image target

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 17 01:35:35 PST 2015

Hi Joachim,

On Tuesday 17 February 2015 08:50:34 joachim rodrigues wrote:
> Sorry i made an error in the package name. The package not installed is :
> gstreamer
>
> Hi, i installed successfully a linux on my raspberry following this tutorial
> :https://delog.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/embedded-linux-system-for-raspberry
> -pi-with-yocto-project/ But once installed in my board, gstreamer is not
> installed although it is included in the recipes-multimediawich are loaded
> this way : build-rpi/conf/bblayers.conf : BBLAYERS ?= " \
> /home/jj/dev/yocto/poky/meta \  /home/jj/dev/yocto/poky/meta-yocto \
> /home/jj/dev/yocto/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \
> /home/jj/dev/yocto/poky/meta-gstreamer1.0 \
> /home/jj/dev/yocto/poky/meta-raspberrypi \  "
> /home/jj/dev/yocto/poky/meta-raspberrypi/conf/layer.conf : BBFILES +=
> "${LAYERDIR}/recipes*/*/*.bb \
> ${LAYERDIR}/recipes*/*/*.bbappend" And i have
> /home/jj/dev/yocto/poky/meta-raspberrypi/resipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstre
> amer1.0-plugins-bad_%.bbappendand
> /home/jj/dev/yocto/poky/meta-gstreamer1.0/resipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstr
> eamer1.0-plugins-bad_1.4.0.bb in my understanding as the recipe is included
> in the path it should be included in the board once the image installed

If an application that linked to gstreamer is in the image, then this would
be true; otherwise you will need to add the appropriate package to the
image. Here's some information on how to do that:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-customimage

Cheers,
Paul

--