[yocto] SDKMACHINE settings

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 10 03:02:29 PST 2015

On Tuesday 10 February 2015 09:45:45 Parthiban Kandasamy wrote:
> On 9 February 2015 at 16:36, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thursday 05 February 2015 17:43:31 Parthiban Kandasamy wrote:
> > > entirely i am new to embedded linux. first i did bitbake of
> > > core-image-minimal it came out very well. then again i tried sdk
> > > toolchain development using bitbake -k meta-toolchain-qte. it gives so
> > > many error. so could you provide details for how do i start to develop
> > > BSP for beagleboard-XM. i am entirely confused to understand yocto
> > > online document.
> >
> > Can you please include a log of the errors you are receiving?
>
> while building toolchain for beagleboard-xm in my laptop, i got this
> compilation error oc autoconf, then how do i get back working level?

Firstly, please keep replies CC'd to the mailing list so that there is a
chance for others to participate - thanks.

You are using 1.5. Can I suggest that you at least use the last stable release
from the 1.5 branch i.e. 1.5.4? You may also wish to note that this release is
no longer officially supported by our project, so a newer stable release would
be preferred (1.6.2 or 1.7.1).

Having said that, there are two failures in the log:

1) Fetch failure for qt4-native. It's true that the upstream URL is no longer
valid; however, the Yocto Project source mirror (set up as a MIRRORS entry by
default in meta-yocto/conf/distro/poky.conf) definitely still has this file.
Either you've disabled this or you have some kind of connectivity issue
(firewall, proxy, intermittent connection failure) preventing the mirror from
working. Check the log file
/home/parthiban/UliveSytems/Parthiban/CODE/OpenSource/BSP/beagleboard-
dora-10.0.0/BeagleBuild/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/qt4-native/4.8.5-
r0/temp/log.do_fetch.3111 to see if there is an indication as to why the
mirror fetch failed if you are unsure.
 (I've just verified, fetching qt4-native with the 1.5.4 release automatically
falls back to the mirror and succeeds here.)

2) Are you running the build within a buildtools or SDK environment? The
/opt/poky/... path in the error message suggests that you might be. I can't
reproduce this error with 1.5.4 either.

Cheers,
Paul

--