[yocto] Multiple packages from single recipe file

Bipnesh, Abhinav (Abhinav) abhinavbipnesh at avaya.com
Mon Feb 9 02:51:57 PST 2015

Hi,

I was looking further into the document to find a way to define multiple packages from a single recipe file. As in current recipe I have written a do_install() function for putting files in particular directories. So it copies files from ${S} to ${D}.
But some of the documents talk about multiple package something as below

FILES_${PN} = "\
    ${bindir}/* \
    ${sbindir}/* \
    ${libexecdir}/* \
    ${libdir}/lib*.so.* \
    ${sysconfdir} \
    ${sharedstatedir} \
    ${localstatedir} \
    /bin/* \
    /sbin/* \
    /lib/*.so* \
    ${datadir}/${PN} \
    ${libdir}/${PN}/* \
    ${datadir}/pixmaps \
    ${datadir}/applications \
    ${datadir}/idl \
    ${datadir}/omf \
    ${datadir}/sounds \
    ${libdir}/bonobo/servers"

FILES_${PN}-dbg = "\

    ${bindir}/.debug \

    ${sbindir}/.debug \

    ${libexecdir}/.debug \

    ${libdir}/.debug \

    /bin/.debug \

    /sbin/.debug \

    /lib/.debug \

    ${libdir}/${PN}/.debug"

But I am not getting how the source for such file will be determine as in our project files will be present in different directories and need to be placed in some predefined paths.

So how we can achieve the same.

Thanks,
Abhinav