[yocto] Custom recipe to have pre and post install action

Bipnesh, Abhinav (Abhinav) abhinavbipnesh at avaya.com
Sun Feb 8 10:11:31 PST 2015

Hi All,

I am trying to write an recipe which need to have pre and post install action. The one define in RPM using %pre and %post.

Basically the application run as service on the platform. So we need to make sure that if its an upgrade then we need to stop the service.
If its a fresh install or an upgrade so post install we need to start the service.
As we have script which can be placed in /etc/init.d and then we can have it running using the pre and post install action. But I am not able to find how to do it.

I do get the reference about INITSCRIPT_PACKAGES and INITSCRIPT_PARAMS but it seems they can be used for make it process running at the system coming up and going down.

Any thoughts how to achieve the same.