[yocto] How to build a library for both linux and windows

Francisco Torres francisco.torres at ttcontrol.com
Thu Feb 5 03:54:24 PST 2015

Hello,

We use Yocto to build a Linux distribution for an embedded device. This device uses clutter to create the graphical user interface.

Also there is a Windows tool (Codesys) which is able to generate applications which will run in our device.
In order to create an app in windows which has a graphical user interface we need to compile clutter for Windows (so Codesys will use it and developer can see what the result will look like).

So, basically I need to build clutter for both Linux (done no problem here) and Windows (this is what I do not know how to do).

I thought that enabling mingw as sdk in yocto would be an option (I have managed to do that) or maybe using mingw as an external toolchain, but I am not sure how to do that.

I have been able to compile mingw, which I have verified that generates code for Windows.
But now I do not know to instruct bitbake to use this generated toolchain (mingw) to compile clutter for Windows.

Best Regards,
Francis.
CONFIDENTIALITY: The contents of this e-mail are confidential and intended only for the above addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, copying or delivering it to anyone else or using it in any unauthorized manner is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and the systems administrator at straymail at tttech.com immediately.