[yocto] [RFT] upcoming glibc 2.21 and gcc 4.9 upgrade

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Feb 3 03:55:55 PST 2015

On 3 February 2015 at 05:03, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this issue was there even with older version of glibc for i7
> but it was flagged as a warning, glibc 2.21 now uses -Werror by
> default. Can you confirm that via inspecting 2.20 glibc build logs for
> this machine ?

dl-caller.c:1:0: warning: SSE instruction set disabled, using 387
arithmetics
 /* Check whether caller comes from the right place.
 ^
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/dl-execstack.c:1:0: warning: SSE instruction set
disabled, using 387 arithmetics
 /* Stack executability handling for GNU dynamic linker.  Linux version.
 ^

You're right.  I'll test the new branch shortly.

Ross