[yocto] Unset task_name[noexec] in bbappend

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Feb 3 02:29:53 PST 2015

Hi Paul,

On Monday 02 February 2015 19:51:15 Stath, Paul wrote:
> If there any way in the bbappend file to override <task_name>[noexec] = "1"
> specified in the parent .bb file?
>
> I want to extend the package-index task, and need to fetch a couple of
> configuration files. The package-index.bb task contains do_fetch[noexec] =
> "1", so the fetch is not performed.

This is a little tricky - you need to actually delete the varflag not just
unset it. (You'll almost certainly need to do the same for do_unpack so that
the files end up in the workdir as well.) You can do this from an anonymous
python section within the recipe e.g.:

python __anonymous() {
    d.delVarFlag('do_fetch', 'noexec')
    d.delVarFlag('do_unpack', 'noexec')
}

(I'm not sure what you're doing this for, but in case it's not obvious, bear
mind this will only affect explicit calls to bitbake package-index and won't be
automatically incorporated into the indexes created when building images.)

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton