[yocto] [RFT] upcoming glibc 2.21 and gcc 4.9 upgrade

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 09:43:39 PST 2015

> On Feb 2, 2015, at 9:26 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
>
> Armin,
>
> On 2 February 2015 at 16:41, akuster <akuster at mvista.com <mailto:akuster at mvista.com>> wrote:
> If I knew what "testing' entailed I would through some time at this.
>
> "Please build your stuff with this glibc/gcc and check it still works".

anything helps. apply the patches and see if they apply and parse correctly with your layer combo
then second step is compile and build images/sdks as Ross said.
Third would be boot and runt the images and workloads which you normally do
4th would be run your tests
5th would be run gcc and glibc unit tests.
and repeat same for as many architectures as possible.