[yocto] [RFT] upcoming glibc 2.21 and gcc 4.9 upgrade

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 09:40:38 PST 2015

> On Feb 2, 2015, at 9:25 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
>

> On 2 February 2015 at 10:54, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com <mailto:raj.khem at gmail.com>> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 2:40 AM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com <mailto:ross.burton at intel.com>> wrote:
> > cross-localdef-native:
> >
> > | In file included from glibc/locale/programs/locarchive.c:696:0:
> > | glibc/locale/programs/../../intl/l10nflist.c: In function
> > '_nl_normalize_codeset':
> > | glibc/locale/programs/../../intl/l10nflist.c:306:12: error: missing binary
> > operator before token "("
> > | glibc/locale/programs/../../intl/l10nflist.c:313:9: error:
> > '_nl_C_locobj_ptr' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > | glibc/locale/programs/../../intl/l10nflist.c:313:9: note: each undeclared
> > identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
>

> gcc would work with latest tree but I did not run into this error. So
> wait a while until I get to it.
>
> I can confirm that the current branch builds gcc (and everything else in a minimal image) apart from cross-localdef-native, with a long set of errors for me now:

Thanks guys.
Yeah, you must be using a weirdly compiled gcc on your host which is defaulting to -std  < c99 and hence the problem. I have fix for that issue already locally.
I could reproduce it once I passed -std=c89 in CFLAGS. but there is another issue where a new macro IS_IN(lib) is added in glibc 2.21 and is giving me a bit of heartache
I will update the branch soon when I have fix for it and then send a notification.