[yocto] Yocto-custom kernel build issue

Raghavendra Kakarla raghavendra.kakarla at inedasystems.com
Mon Feb 2 02:00:23 PST 2015

Hi,
I want to add my own BSP layer to yocto and also we use our inhouse customizied kernel.
I add my BSP layer to yocto using yocto-bsp create command.
I give the our curtomized kernel repositary path to the git path while creating the BSP.

After successfully creating the BSP layer when I run the "bitbake -k core-image-minimal" I got the error as follows.

Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_kernel_checkout
| ERROR: S is not set to the linux source directory. Check
| ERROR: the recipe and set S to the proper extracted subdirectory
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_kernel_checkout (log file is located at /home/testuser/poky/build/tmp/work/dhruwa-poky-linux/linux-yocto-custom/3.10.14+gitAUTOINC+f91e563c45-r0/temp/log.do_kernel_checkout.11798)

could you please help for resolving this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Raghavendra.