[yocto] meta-qt5 problem in yocto 1.7

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Sun Feb 1 11:58:09 PST 2015

On 01/02/2015 20:38, peterengcomau001 at adam.com.au wrote:
> Hi Alex,
> I have no problem with qt5 with daisy and have been using it fine for
> over 6 months. During that time I have cleaned my tmp file multiple
> times which would force a new reload of the sources.
> Also I dont have a problem with Dizzy when building
> core-image-mininal, core-image-full-cmdline and core-image-sato.
>
> If i bitbake my recipe using the -k option, I only get 3 failed recipes
> 0: qtbase-native-5.4.0-r0 do_fetch (pid 13279)
> 1: qtbase-5.4.0-r0 do_fetch (pid 13280)
> 2: qtdeclarative-5.4.0-r0 do_fetch (pid 13283)
>
> and these relate two 2 failed fetchs:
> ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL:
> 'http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/5.4/5.4.0/submodules/qtdeclarative-opensource-src-5.4.0.tar.xz'.
> Unable to fetch URL from any source.
> ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL:
> 'http://download.qt-project.org/official_releases/qt/5.4/5.4.0/submodules/qtbase-opensource-src-5.4.0.tar.xz'.
> Unable to fetch URL from any source.

OK, well I'm not sure but I am going to make some guesses here...

You're building Yocto daisy release/branch which you got from somewhere
then you cloned the meta-qt5 repository or otherwise obtained meta-qt5
meta-data?

You then added that into your bblayers.conf ?

Now the latest meta-qt5 (i.e. master branch) has recipes to build QT
5.4.0 I see

I'm not sure what best practice is here but I tend to try to use the
same branches across the meta-data.

So for example when I am building with Yocto daisy/dizzy I am using the
appropriate branch of meta-qt5 as you saw in my earlier email

For Yocto dizzy, meta-qt5.dizzy =
"dizzy:8b0ffbd849203d07164ccfad2535bdb107eecd08"

If you want to build the meta-qt5 daisy branch then you would go into
the meta-qt5 folder you cloned from the git repo something like this

cd sources/meta-qt5
git branch (to check, probably shows master)
git checkout daisy

Then rebuild. That should be building QT 5.2.1 which is what I am seeing
here

Cheers,

Alex