[yocto] Trying to add a recipe for ROOT

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 10:25:46 PST 2015

you mostly have one of these issues

| ERROR: /home/osboxes/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/pcre-config
should not be used, use an alternative such as pkg-config
| ERROR: /home/osboxes/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/pcre-config
should not be used, use an alternative such as pkg-config
| ERROR: /home/osboxes/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/pcre-config
should not be used, use an alternative such as pkg-config
| ERROR: /home/osboxes/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/pcre-config
should not be used, use an alternative such as pkg-config

so you need to replace the use of pcre-config with pkg-config, there
are example how it has been done for some other recipes in OE

second problem seems to be that its trying to compile its own version
of llvm and thats failing because the native compiler its finding does
not support c++11 or atleast the config tests think that way. Again
this components build system needs to fix that. You might be better
off using llvm provided bt meta-oe instead of internal version.