[yocto] how to use systemd as system init manager

Jin Li lijin14 at huawei.com
Fri Dec 25 17:57:21 PST 2015

On 2015/12/25 13:55, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Jin Li <lijin14 at huawei.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to build yocto project which use systemd as system init manager.
>> But the qemu boot up and still use INIT as usual. The rootfs even fail to install systemd.
>>
>> I refers to yocto docs http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.8/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#ref-features-distro
>> I use meta/recipes-extended/images/core-image-full-cmdline.bb and add the following part
>> to support systemd:
>>
>> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = "systemd"
>
> space after first "
>
>> DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED = "sysvinit"
>>
>> Did I miss somethings ?
>>

> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " systemd"
> DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL_CONSIDERED += "sysvinit"
> VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_init_manager = "systemd"
> VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_initscripts = "systemd-compat-units"

Hi Raj

I used add the above code in meta/recipes-extended/images/core-image-full-cmdline.bb to
build image with systemd, but still get the same result - get no systemd installed in rootfs image and
system use "INIT" as usual as follows:

$ runqemu qemuarm64

root at qemuarm64:~# systemctl
-sh: systemctl: command not found
root at qemuarm64:~#
root at qemuarm64:~# ps aux | grep init
root         1  5.1  0.2   1764  1176 ?        Ss   01:57   0:04 init [5]

Regards,

Jin