[yocto] using Hob to run images on a custom simulator, other than qemu

Barros Pena, Belen belen.barros.pena at intel.com
Mon Dec 21 03:25:36 PST 2015

On 18/12/2015 16:05, "yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org on behalf of Mirela
Rabulea" <yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org on behalf of
Mirela.Rabulea at freescale.com> wrote:

>Hello yocto world
>

>This is my first message on any yocto list, I¹m not sure which list to
>address, so I choose the ones which seemed the most generic and suited to
>my purpose. Please redirect me if a more specific list is better
> suited to ask this question.
>

>The problem I see at present is: there is one single button in Hob, ³Run
>Image², which is active only for qemu images, and it is triggering the
>execution of the ³poky\scripts\runqemu² script. Please scroll down
> to the picture at end of this email to see what I¹m talking about.
>

>The question I want to ask is if it would be acceptable to add more
>buttons to the ³Image details² dialog (or a new dialog to pop-up when
>³Run Image² is clicked), in order to allow the customization of the
> simulator to be launched, basically to specify the location & command
>line of such custom simulator. Who may advise in this matter? I am
>willing to contribute with changes.

Hi Mirela,

I have asked a few people about this, because Hob is pretty much
deprecated at this point (it's being replaced by a web interface called
Toaster). They replied they would be willing to merge changes to Hob, as
long as they can be sure they won't cause any regressions.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Belén