[yocto] Fwd: Re: Python3 and Numpy

Benoit Rapidel benoit.rapidel at exmachina.fr
Fri Dec 18 15:24:43 PST 2015

Hello,

I'm still trying to get python3-numpy to compile. I have been inspecting log file for
quite a while. One lead I got is that gcc have -L=/usr/lib in its arguments.
I diff log.do_compile from python3-numpy and log.do_compile from python-numpy.
I see no reference to /usr/lib in python-numpy log. How can I remove this -L=/usr/lib
from arguments to try compiling without searching in this dir ?

Here is the recipe failing:

https://github.com/exmachina-dev/meta-exm-core/blob/master/recipes-python/python3-numpy/python3-numpy_1.10.1.bb

It's mainly taken from python-numpy_1.10.1.bb found in openembedded-core/meta. I
renamed all refs of python to point to python3 and I fixed a bug. Config files
couldn't be copied due to multiple paths after `grep src` (py and py3).

And here the full log from log.do_compile (-L=/usr/lib is found at L2143, L2193,
L4335 and L4385):

http://sprunge.us/INYI?log

I also found that the setup.py tried to build Fortran code with /usr/bin/gfortran
(from host). As python-numpy did not find gfortran, I temporarily uninstalled
gfortran from host (L97 now don't find gfortran).

I'm really stuck with this recipe. Any help from you guys is much appreciated.

Many thanks,

--
Benoit Rapidel
Co-founder & CTO