[yocto] DNS nameserver on Yocto Daisy (resolvconf issue)

Andreas Enbacka andreas.enbacka at gasera.fi
Thu Dec 10 01:52:16 PST 2015

Hello,

I have problems getting dns nameservers to work on my custom image built on
top of Yocto Daisy. I have tried added e.g., dns-nameservers entry to
/etc/network/interfaces, however running e.g., /etc/init.d/networking
restart outputs the following error message:

resolvconf: Error: /etc/resolvconf/run/interface either does not exist or is
not a directory.

Checking using ls show that /etc/resolvconf/run is a symlink to
/var/run/resolvconf which does not exist.

Anyone have some suggestion how to get resolvconf / dns resolving to work on
Yocto Daisy?

Sincerely,

Andreas