[yocto] in-tree defconfig

Robert Berger gmane at reliableembeddedsystems.com
Wed Dec 9 12:28:23 PST 2015

Hi,

What I wanted to do is to start from an in-tree defconfig like
multi_v7_defconfig instead of a defconfig file in a kernel recipe (which
works).

Maybe we have a different definition of an in-tree defconfig file, but
what I mean is the output of make multi_v7_defconfig, I guess what you
mean is arch/arm/configs/multi_v7_defconfig without running make on it.

After stripping blank and commented lines and sorting everything the
difference is:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 student student 14K Dec  9 22:16
KBUILD_DEFCONFIG-stripped-1-sorted
-rw-rw-r-- 1 student student 42K Dec  9 22:14
make-multi_v7_defconfig-stripped-1-sorted

... and the stuff built with KBUILD_DEFCONFIG does not boot ...

So my question is:"Is there a way to tell the kernel build system to run
make multi_v7_defconfig and use this as a base configuration where
patches and configurations will be added later on?"

If so can you see anything I am obviously doing wrong?

I tried this:

# SRC_URI += " \
#         file://defconfig \
#         "

+# Let's try an in-tree defconfig:
#KERNEL_DEFCONFIG_multi-v7-ml ?= "multi_v7_defconfig"
KBUILD_DEFCONFIG_multi-v7-ml ?= "multi_v7_defconfig"

with the kernel recipe of my meta-layer[1]

That's the meta-layer[2].

Regards,

Robert

[1]
https://github.com/RobertBerger/meta-mainline/blob/jethro-training-v4.1.x/multi-v7-ml/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto-custom.inc
[2]
https://github.com/RobertBerger/meta-mainline/tree/jethro-training-v4.1.x/multi-v7-ml

..."What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death." -
Dave Barry

My public pgp key is available,at:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x90320BF1